Tuesday, April 5, 2011

EPICness

This past weekend I attended Youth Councils 2011. The theme was EPIC, and the various speakers talked about epic fail, epic hope, epic love, and epic future. Commissioner Knaggs was the one who spoke on epic future during the Sunday morning service, and his message was based on Jeremiah 29:11-
"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord,
'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
Plans to give you hope and a future."

Basically, this verse was something I really needed to hear right now. Actually, not just this verse, but the whole service. The songs we sang along with the verses we read went straight to my heart. The whole service was filled with words that I needed to hear right now, at this moment in my life. And so, I would like to share some of them with you:

"Savior, He can move the mountains,
Our God is mighty to Save, Mighty to Save,
Forever author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave, conquered the grave...
...so take me as you find me, all my fears and failures
fill my life again,
I give my life to follow, everything I believe in
now I surrender..."

"Our God is greater, Our God is stronger,
God you are higher than any other,
Our God is healer, Awesome in Power
Our God, Our God...
... And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us,
and if our God is with us, then what could stand against..."

The rest of Youth Councils was great though. I helped sell Fair Trade Chocolate with these cool guys, and we raised a total of $331.52 to send to a Human Trafficking program that The Salvation Army has in Orange County. Not only did we make a lot of money, but we had a lot of fun selling it as well.

TYC came and performed one night, which means that I got to see some of my Seattle peeps, like Sam Fowler, Mejee Lutcher and Ken Lyons. It was great to hang out with them for a little bit. And then of course the highlight of my weekend was hanging out with some of my favorite girls in the entire world.






1 comment:

  1. were the tsa shirt colors just a coincidence, or was it intentional? i LOVE the pics of you guys at the end. so fun/cute/awesome.

    I'm so jealous hannah got to see all of you. i love you guys separate, but i really think that everyone {all of us} bloom when we're together. that's how it should be, too.

    I found a store that sells all fair trade stuff, called 10,000 villages. I'm going to get you something from there :)

    ReplyDelete